The Fall event season (busiest event season of the year!) is well under way! With Summer behind us, we can now focus our attention and efforts on the insanity of three months of conferences, festivals, entertainment events AND a presidential election (losing my breath just thinking about it all).
We know you can’t me multiple places at once (though we suspect this will be figured out by science soon enough), so we’ve rounded up a few hashtags for events you might wish you could attend, but can’t. The beauty of hashtags is you can still attend events all around the world, get the best information from the event and partake in the real-time conversation and connect with people during the event wherever you are.
Here are our picks for the hottest event hashtags of the week (you’ll find these hashtags buzzing with great conversations and useful information!):
When you check out these hashtags, be sure to use SeeSaw (a great new platform turns hashtag-lurking into a visual spectacle – think of it as Pinterest for hashtags!). Visit their platform here. Follow them on twitter at @internetlabs.
- #okfest — The Open Knowledge Festival (September 17-21, Helsinki) @OKFestival — A week of events organized by a diverse set of communities around the world. The world’s first Open Knowledge Festival is a week of participatory sessions, keynote lectures, workshops, hackathons and satellite events in Helsinki from September 17th to 22nd, 2012. OKFestival combines annual events OGDCamp and OKCon to form the first festival of its kind. Its 2012 theme is Open Knowledge in Action, looking at the value that can be generated by opening up knowledge, the ecosystems of organisations that can benefit from such sharing, and the impacts transparency can have in our societies.
- #DF12 -- Dreamforce 2012 (September 18-21) @dreamforce – The cloud computing event of the year hosted by Salesforce. Guest speakers include Tony Robbins, Richard Branson, The Red Hot Chili Peppers, Gen. Colin Powell.
- #TheBigSocial – The Big Social (September 17-19, Dallas, TX) @Telligent - Over the course of three days, hundreds of Telligent customers will come together to share, engage and network with one another on the incredible value of a great customer experience through the use of social communities. Iconic brands including Investec, Dell, Rackspace, American Marketing Association, Oxfam and Susan G. Komen will share how they use community to transform business as part of the customer speaker lineup. With more than 30 guest speakers, 24 breakout sessions, four training workshops and keynotes from social business leaders, executives from a variety of industries can expect to come away with big ideas and insight on how to improve their social business strategies.
- #mobilizeconf – GigaOM Mobilize 2012 (September 20-21, San Francisco, CA) @GigaOM - Over two days, workshops and in-depth discussions will provide access to the people and information to learn about the technologies that are powering the rise of connected devices. GigaOM Pro analysts will present overviews of the hottest sectors of mobile with key trends, indicators and opportunities to watch. * Future mobile networks: See how the mobile network is evolving to become more intelligent and meet the capacity demand * Apponomics: Understand acquisition patterns, in-app user behavior, monetization trends and where new revenue opportunities lie * Devices: Explore the future of the smartphone and tablet, how we will interact with our devices and how our devices will interact with other devices * Startups: Check out a whole new crop of startups in the mobile space.
- #PICNIC12 – Picnic 2012 (September 17-18, Amsterdam) @PICNICfestival - PICNIC Festival 2012 will be an international gathering of approximately 3500 professionals representing business, technology, government and non profit, education and the creative industries. The Festival will be an active learning environment where companies and organizations can understand this ‘new ownership’ shift. At the Festival, they can question assumptions and then improve and re-imagine by developing new ideas, concepts and prototypes.
- #adtech – ad:tech London (September 19-20, London) @adtech - For the seventh year in the UK, the online marketing and advertising community will come together for ad:tech London 2011 to reveal the latest digital trends and market figures, share best practice and address industry challenges. Whether you’re a publisher, advertiser, marketer or business owner, ad:tech helps you harness the power of digital.
- #iSummit – iSummit 2012 (September 17-18, Orlando, FL) @iSummit2012 - At iSummit 2012, digital leaders from across the country converge to discuss emerging trends, innovations and opportunities created by Internet technologies. Hear from top experts and thought leaders from leading digital brands on topics such as Mobile, Social Media, Gaming, Digital Economy, Apps, TV 2.0, E-mail, Cloud Computing, Analytics, E-Commerce, Search, Big Data, Platforms, Internet Advertising and much more.
- #ONA12 - The Online News Association Conference & Awards (September 20) @ONAConf - The Online News Association Conference & Awards Banquet has become the premier gathering of highly engaged digital journalists who are shaping the future of media. Dick Costolo, Chief Executive Officer of Twitter, will keynote at ONA12.