Here we go! It’s already the second week of March (is it me or is Spring really in the air?). After a brutal winter that is hopefully finally behind us, spring approaches with an onslaught of events all over the world and in every sector of life and business.
Here are but a few of those events that are social media savvy enough to have Twitter hashtags (bless their hearts). Also included after the hashtgag love-fest are events that, sadly, don’t have Twitter hashtags but should! So there’s no excuse not to try to get great takeaways from events even if you can’t attend.Â Check out the stream, add your two cents, make some new friends or business acquaintances.
- #SXSW — SXSW Interactive (March 11-15, Austin, Texas) @sxsw — features five days of compelling presentations from the brightest minds in emerging technology, scores of exciting networking events hosted by industry leaders, the incredible new SXSW Trade Show and an unbeatable lineup of special programs showcasing the best new digital works, video games and innovative ideas the international community has to offer. Join us for the most energetic, inspiring and creative event of the year, taking place March 11-15, 2011 in Austin, Texas.
- #FTIC – FITC Amsterdam (March 8-9, Amsterdam, the Netherlands at De Meervaart) — FITC Amsterdam will feature over 50 presentations and panels covering the Creative, Technical, and Business aspects of Flash and digital media. The conference offers two full days and nights of events, plus one day of optional pre-festival workshops and over 750 attendees anticipated from around the globe.
- #ABS2011 — America’s Beauty Show 2011 (March 12-14, Chicago) @ABSUpdates – “Traditionally your Midwest Beauty Show. For more than 80 years, we’ve been owned and produced by salon professionals, the members of Cosmetologists Chicago!” Cosmetologists Chicago protects, builds and drives the salon industry by monitoring and lobbying for professional licenses while providing advanced education and scholarships. It is our mission to give back to our industry by producing the all-industry America’s Beauty Show.
- #ES20 — Enterprise Social 2.0: Building Customer Relationships through Social Media (March 8-9, Brussels) — “After the success of our inaugural Enterprise Social 2.0 summit held in January 2010 in Amsterdam we have decided to launch the 2nd edition of this highly sought-after event on the 8-9 March 2011. For this upcoming event, we will be focusing on driving consumer engagement, business efficiency and CRM through social media. As with our previous summit, top speakers from leading companies will be discussing key challenges and opportunities on how to drive enterprises forward into the digital age.”
- #AWULAUR — 53rd Annual Aviation Laureate Awards (March 8, Washington DC) @aviationweek — The Aviation Week Laureate Awards recognize individuals and teams for their extraordinary accomplishments. Their achievements embody the spirit of exploration, innovation, vision or any combination of these attributes thatÂ inspire others to strive for significant, broad-reaching progress in aviation and aerospace.
- #CCEvent — Cloud Connect Event (March 7-10, Silicon Valley, CA) @cloud_connect — Cloud Connect brings together the entire cloud eco-system to better understand the transformation we’re experiencing and promises to be the defining event of the cloud computing industry. TechWeb has successfully produced cloud events intended to define and frame cloud computing discussions for business technology executives, IT professionals and developers since June 2008.
- #DRUPALCON — DrupalCon (March 7-10, Chicago) (@drupalcon) — DrupalCon is an international event that brings together the people who use, develop, design, and support the Drupal platform. DrupalCon Chicago 2011 will feature dozens of curated sessions and panels from some of the most influential people and brightest minds within the Drupal community and beyond, as well as countless opportunities for networking, code sprints, informal conversations, and more.
Events that don’t have hashtags but SHOULD!
- The Lunar & Planetary Science Conference (March 7-11, The Woodlands, Texas): This conference brings together international specialists in petrology, geochemistry, geophysics, geology, and astronomy to present the latest results of research in planetary science. The conference will feature five full days of oral and poster sessions covering the latest results of planetary science research and current missions. This event needs to get a hashtag asap! It’s fierceness should be shared in social media! Until then, you can watch the conference as its livestreamed (joy!): (http://www.livestream.com/2011LPSC)
- Ohio Dear & Turkey Expo (Columbus, Ohio) — just visit the website – some things should be experienced first-hand.
- Corrosion 2011 (March 13-17, Houston, Texas) - Because of our dedicated attendees and exhibitors CORROSION has grown to become the worldâ’s largest Corrosion Conference where industry leaders, corrosion students, and exhibitors meet to share ideas, research, and products and services to help corrosion prevention around the world.
- Healthcare Marketing and PR Social Media Summit (March 14-15, Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, FL) — Event will show doctors and administrators the way to use social media to reach patients and educate the public, add buzz about your brand through mobile communications: 10 tips from online authority Shel Holtz, exploit the most powerful new social media channel for hospital communicators: online patient communities, apply best practices from companies that exploit Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Twitter, widgets and dozens of other social media tools to the fullest
- Digitize Your Marketing Strategy (Malaysia) — Join the biggest online brands in Malaysia and unveil the unlimited business opportunities via online marketing! WE are bringing you Malaysianâ’s most valuable brands, review their successful stories and give you hands on tips to manage your online marketing strategy!